Looking to sit for an Amateur Radio License Exam?
The PCARC holds a monthly volunteer examiner session for those seeking to obtain or upgrade an amateur radio operator license. Sessions are held the Saturday following the monthly club business meeting, held on the first Wednesday of the month beginning at 2:00 pm at the Piscataqua Fish & Game Club, 198 Tuttle Lane, Greenland, NH.
Please confirm upcoming VE session dates on the ARRL website and use zip code 03840 for the search.
Seating capacity is limited. Please email or call prior to the day of the exam to register.
Sullivan G. Scott
What to bring for the exam
- FRNs Only at Exam Sessions
- The FCC has indicated VECs/VE teams will no longer be accepting social security numbers at exam sessions.
- Examinees should register in the FCC CORES registration system and receive an FRN before exam day.
- FCC CORES user account and registration can be found here: FCC CORES
- You will not be able to take an exam without your FRN number
- Please bring a valid photo ID.
- State driver’s license
- Government issued passport
- Military of law enforcement officer photo ID card
- Student school photo ID cardState photo ID card
- The FCC requires that you provide an email address on your NCVEC Form 605.
- Bring pencil(s) for your answer sheet.
- Bring a pen for documents requiring a signature.
- Bring a calculator without a memory function, or with the memory function erased.
- The exam fee is $15.
- Cellphone usage is not permitted.
Talk to us
Have any questions? We are always open to talk about how we can help you in the world of amateur radio.